Why was Jesus born in a manger? Because Jesus is the Lamb of God, and lambs are born in mangers.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Not my thing any more:

When I was a teenager I loved horror flicks, especially the slasher ones: Halloween, Friday The 13th, etc. I also loved Stephen King books and ghost stories. But after I got saved, my interest in them began to wane. Pretty soon I lost interest in them altogether. I think it's been a couple of decades since I've seen a slasher flick. Quite frankly, I don't like watching people get murdered, or torn apart, or tortured, or terrorized, or brutalized. I have no interest in the glorification of death. I just watched a friend of mine die slowly and horribly with cancer, and I can honestly say that there is no glory in death. Death is not entertaining. It's not funny. Death is ugly, and it severely alters the lives forever of those left behind; some even die of broken hearts. Jesus came that we might have life, and have it to the fullest, and to destroy the power of sin and death. I can honestly say in my heart that Jesus would never sit down and watch Friday the 13th, or A Nightmare On Elm Street. And I can honestly say that not one of those movies are inspired by the Holy Spirit. What we find entertaining says a lot about us. One day there's going to be a new heaven and a new earth where there is no more death, or mourning, or crying, or pain. I look forward to the day where death is forgotten forever. God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment